Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Land Beyond Seven Seas

I was born in a beautiful village in India. I cherish my childhood memories from that place. I decided to give the name of that village as my blog's name. I am not courageous enough to plainly reveal my official name and the identities of my well wishers to the insane world ( I am not a nihilist). So I have used a blog name that reflects my thoughts and a synonym for my favourite place in the world. People who are close to me and the people from my village would definitely identify the name. I would imagine that many people, at least for those who feel good about their childhood, would consider their native place as the greatest place on earth. Hold on your instinct to be prejudiced and stereo type me to a villager. I intend to be quite critical about the life in my native.

Since childhood, I always wanted to experience the American(US) life. I am conciously not using American Dream, as it is overused and has too many connotations. USA was also called the 'land beyond seven seas' in my native tongue, Malayalam. If I were a born native American Indian, I would have used 'LandBeyond7Zs', as my 'coming out to the world name'.

It is more than a coincidence of the names that made me move from my native to my new home. I did not come to America(US) for the two usual reasons. Economically and politically,I was quite comfortable at home. Hm...What else was the reason for my migration?. I considered myself a rebel as a child. I thought, I would feel at home in a land where rebel thinking was welcome. I do not know whether my original goal is achieved, but I am quite happy and upbeat about my life in this land of opportunities. I am damn well intend to be very critical about life in the America, as well. But I love my present home country and feel very patriotic(no lapel pin, but there is one deep feeling inside) about it. I have true patriotic feeling towards India as well. Some of you may wonder how I can have two masters, as Bible does not say you can obey two at once. When it comes to that thought, I put USA in front of India as I am a citizen here and intend to be here for the rest of my life and my dearests made it home as well. But that does not make you forget or have any less love for India, which gave me lovely early life shaped my life. When I think deep, my true patriotism is beyond any cartographic borders. I am allegiant to the ideas of the society than the physical borders.

There you have it, I have introduced myself as 'Land Beyond Seven Seas' and hello world...

No comments: